Virginia Indoor receives USTA Grant
Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that Virginia Indoor Tennis and Pickleball Club (the“Facility”) has been selected to receive a Facility Recovery Grant Award (the “Grant”) in the amount of $5000 to help defray some of the tennis-related expenses associated with reopening your Facility in 2020.
What Terrific News for our Club.
THE VIRGINIA INDOOR TENNIS AND PICKLEBALL CLUB WILL NOW BE OPEN FOR TENNIS AND PICKLEBALL
By direction of our Park and Recreation Director Brian Silber, the Indoors will reopen for tennis and pickleball on Wednesday, July 1st. The Governor okays indoor sports on this date under specific rules.
Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday - 9:00 - 12:00
Monday -Thursday - 4:00 - 7:00
Closed Saturday and Sunday
People will be allowed to play and must sign in daily so we can contact trace if the need arises.
Special summer rate - $50 membership from June 15th - August 31st.
There will be No Open Play scheduled as of now. We prefer that you call for reservations and play with people that you know are safe to you. Players are to bring their own balls and follow posted rules for complying to social distancing.
If you are a current member, we have credited your membership by adding 3 months to you. We based that on closing on March 15 till June 15th.
New Rules for Play
1. Members Only will be allowed into the courts with reservations needed. If you are a non-member you can buy a special Summer membership for $50 from June 15 - August 31. This will help with tracing if needed and not handling money.
2. The doors maybe locked in the evenings to control people in and out of the building. Please call 218-742-3429 and whoever is working will let you in. We do not have the staff for continuous cleaning.
3. Players must bring their own balls for play. Balls will not be provided by the club. You may purchase cans of tennis balls for $3.00 per can. Pickleballs can be purchased for $3.00 per ball.
4. Players must maintain at least a six foot distance . All personal equipment must be located at least six feet from others’ equipment. Bags will be allowed into the court area but must be placed on each players’ own chair. Benches are marked where people can sit with 6 foot spacing.
5. Players are recommended to wear a glove on their non-racket/paddle hand and, if desired when playing doubles without a “safe” partner, wear a mask. ** The definition of "safe" partner is one you co-habitat with or with whom you are comfortable regarding their safe covid habits . *We acknowledge that gloves and masks do not prevent one from contracting the virus but it reminds players to not touch their face.
THE GEORGE AND
Thanks to George Erickson, girls from around the area were able to play tennis for free! Players from Virginia, Eveleth/Gilbert, Hibbing, Duluth and Grand Rapids played singles and doubles on Sunday, March 8th. They are looking forward to doing it again next year! Once again THANK YOU GEORGE!!
We were thankful to have a very fun day of team pickleball last Friday. 4 teams competed with Ted's Ely team taking first place. Everybody seemed to have a good time. For those people interested in more days like this, please contact the Indoor facility to set up a time and competition. We would be happy to set it up.
Final Results are as follows:
1st - Ely 2nd - Virginia Blue 3rd -Virginia White
THE FIRST TEAM PICKLEBALL EXPERIENCE SEEMED TO GO WELL. TEAMS FROM VIRGINIA, ELY, GRAND RAPIDS, ADN CROSS LAKE CAME TO THE VIRGINIA INDOOR FOR AN AFTERNOON OF PICKLEBALL. TEAMS CONSISTED OF 2 MEN AND 2 WOMEN PLAYING A COMBINATION OF MIXED DOUBLES, FOLLOWED BY MEN'S AND WOMEN'S DOUBLES. GAMES WERE PLAYED TO 15. RESULTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1ST - CROSS LAKE
2ND - ELY BLUE
3RD -GRAND RAPIDS
4TH - VIRGINIA
5TH - ELY RED
THANKS TO ALL TEAMS THAT PARTICIPATED
PHONE #: 218-742-3429
LOCATION: 1310 South 5th Ave.
VIRGINIA MN 55792
MAILING ADDRESS: 327 1st Street South
Virginia MN 55792
MONDAY: 9:00 am-12:00 pm & 4:00 pm-7:00pm
TUESDAY: 9:00am-12:00pm & 4:00pm-7:00pm
WEDNESDAY: 9:00am-12:00pm & 4:00 pm-7:00pm
THURSDAY: 9:00 am-12:00pm & 4:00 pm-7:00pm
WE ARE OFFERING A YOUTH /ADULT MEMBERSHIP FROM
JUNE 15 - AUGUST 31
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK
No organized Lessons are scheduled until further notice.
2020 SUMMER ADULT TENNIS DRILLS AND LESSON
NOTHING SCHEDULED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL THE GOVERNOR OKAYS INDOOR PICKLEBALL
CLUB MEMBERS SUCCESSFUL IN TOURNAMENTS
AL & ROWENA TAKE 1ST PLACE IN DULUTH
DOMINIC & EVA TAKE 2nd PLACE
WELCOME TO OUR