VIRGINIA INDOORS TO BE CLOSED SATURDAY NOVEMBER 21st TO Saturday, DECEMBER 19th
On November 18, 2020, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz announced new COVID-19 restrictions that will shut down indoor dining at bars and restaurants, close gyms and fitness centers, movie theaters, museums, bowling alleys, and put organized youth sports on hold for 4 weeks.
As a result, The Virginia Indoor Tennis and Pickleball Club will be closed until December 19, 2020 starting on Saturday, November 21st. If you are a current member of the Club, we will extend your current membership for a month to compensate for the closure. Thank you.
Dave G. Manager
****ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS***
Due to the rise of Covid-19 in the area, and for the protection of our limited staff and members, the Virginia Indoor Tennis and Pickleball Club will NO LONGER HOLD OPEN OR ADVANCED PICKLEBALL AT ANY TIME! All players must organize a group of 5 at the most and call ahead and reserve a court. There will be a limit of 5 players per pickleball court. There will be no more walk-ins. PLAYERS WILL NEED A RESERVATION.
Court times are from 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM and 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM in the mornings, and 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM in the evenings.
We are expanding our Sunday hours from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM - 8:00 PM starting November 1st to accommodate players who would like to play on Sunday.
We are doing these safety measures to ensure we keep this facility open during the pandemic.
Manager Dave G.
PHONE #: 218-742-3429
LOCATION: 1310 South 5th Ave. Virginia MN
MAILING ADDRESS: 327 1st Street South Virginia MN 55792
9am-1pm & 3pm - 7pm
9am-1pm & 3pm-8pm
A BIG THANK YOU TO THE VIRGINIA COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
We would like to personally THANK the Virginia Foundation for the generous gift of money that will help our Tennis Building provide a more safe environment for our players of all ages by providing funds to purchase new side curtains between the court. The club serves people within our community of all ages, but also generates business for our community from people who drive here from about a 60 mile radius. Every week we get people that commute from the Quad Cities area along with others that come from Ely, Hibbing, Grand Rapids and Duluth.
Please note that every curtain will have a sign giving credit to the Virginia Foundation for their generous donation. We like to give credit where credit is due.
Thanks again for supporting a very important part of our community because of the limited funds we have available to us. Everybody here really appreciates it.
Manager Dave G.
Virginia Indoors Board Members: Tom Butorac Matt Hennen Jessica Kralich Cullen Warren Conner Croft
THE OLD DIVIDERS
THE NEW DIVIDER ON THE LEFT SIDE. THE OLD DIVIDER ON THE RIGHT SIDE.
A sign thanking the Virginia Commmunity Foundation will be placed on each divider..
2020 FALL MEMBERSHIP RATES
TENNIS & PICKLEBALL
INDIVIDUAL 1 MONTH: $55 COUPLE 1 MONTH: $100
INDIVIDUAL 3 MONTH: $150 COUPLE 3 MONTH: $250
INDIVIDUAL 6 MONTH: $250 COUPLE 6 MONTH: $350
INDIVIDUAL 12 MONTH: $400 COUPLE 12 MONTH: $550
FAMILY 12 MONTH: $625
INDIVIDUAL 3 MONTH: $75
INDIVIDUAL 6 MONTH: $125
INDIVIDUAL 12 MONTH: $250
A youth membership is a membership for anyone 21yo and under.
3 MONTH MEMBERSHIP: $99
12 MONTH MEMBERSHIP$: $225
BENEFIT OF 12 MONTH TENNIS/PICKLEBALL OR PICKLEBALL ONLY MEMBERSHIP'
FREE AND UNLIMITED USE OF TENNIS BALL OR PICKLEBALL MACHINE
LESS THAN 12 MONTH MEMBERSHIP
TENNIS BALL MACHINE: $5 FOR 30 MINUTES
$10 FOR 1 HOUR
PICKLEBALL MACHINE: $5 FOR 30 MINUTES
$10 FOR 1 HOUR
TENNIS BALLL MACHINE: $10 FOR 30 MINUTES
PICKLEBALL MACHINE: $10 FOR 30 MINUTES
COURT TIME: $20 FOR 1 HOUR
We will be closed until December 19th as per Governor's Order.
We will update the website when/if the situation changes.
New Rules for Play
1. All players must wear a mask upon entering the club. You can play without a mask but the mask must be put back on upon completion of play. So, a mask must be worn in the lobby and when not playing. Everyone must sign in daily. This will help with tracking if needed.
2. You must follow the rules of social distancing and wearing a mask.
3. We encourage you to make a reservation. We also encourage you to play with people you know.
4. The doors may be locked in the evenings to control people in and out of the building. Please call 218-742-3429 and whoever is working will let you in.
5. Players must bring their own balls for play. Balls will not be provided by the club. You may purchase cans of tennis balls for $3.00 per can.
6. Players must maintain at least a six foot distance . All personal equipment must be located at least six feet from others’ equipment. Bags will be allowed into the court area but must be placed on each players’ own chair.
7. Players are recommended to wear a glove on their non-racket/paddle hand. If desired, when playing doubles without a “safe” partner, wear a mask. ** The definition of "safe" partner is one you co-habitat with or with whom you are comfortable regarding their safe covid habits . *We acknowledge that gloves and masks do not prevent one from contracting the virus but it reminds players to not touch their face.
8. If you are a current member we have credited your membership by adding 3 montohs to your expiration date. We based this on closing March 15th until June 15th.
WELCOME TO OUR
We were thankful to have a very fun day of team pickleball last Friday. 4 teams competed with Ted's Ely team taking first place. Everybody seemed to have a good time. For those people interested in more days like this, please contact the Indoor facility to set up a time and competition. We would be happy to set it up.
Final Results are as follows:
1st - Ely 2nd - Virginia Blue 3rd -Virginia White
THE FIRST TEAM PICKLEBALL EXPERIENCE SEEMED TO GO WELL. TEAMS FROM VIRGINIA, ELY, GRAND RAPIDS, ADN CROSS LAKE CAME TO THE VIRGINIA INDOOR FOR AN AFTERNOON OF PICKLEBALL. TEAMS CONSISTED OF 2 MEN AND 2 WOMEN PLAYING A COMBINATION OF MIXED DOUBLES, FOLLOWED BY MEN'S AND WOMEN'S DOUBLES. GAMES WERE PLAYED TO 15. RESULTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1ST - CROSS LAKE
2ND - ELY BLUE
3RD -GRAND RAPIDS
4TH - VIRGINIA
5TH - ELY RED
THANKS TO ALL TEAMS THAT PARTICIPATED
THE GEORGE AND
Thanks to George Erickson, girls from around the area were able to play tennis for free! Players from Virginia, Eveleth/Gilbert, Hibbing, Duluth and Grand Rapids played singles and doubles on Sunday, March 8th. They are looking forward to doing it again next year! Once again THANK YOU GEORGE!!
AL & ROWENA TAKE 1ST PLACE IN DULUTH
DOMINIC & EVA TAKE 2nd PLACE