skip navigation

BOARD MEETING MINUTES

MONTHLY BOARD MEETING MINUTES

02/11/2018 Virginia Indoor Tennis and Pickleball Club (VITPC) Board Meeting Minutes

Board Member Attendees: Amy Gunderson, Cullen Warren, Bob Prittinen, Tom Butorac, Jim Prittinen, and Matt Hennen (recording minutes)

Guests: George Erickson

Budget and Finances

  • Indoor court resurfacing
    • City council agreed to pay $36,000 to cover the bid to resurface courts
      • Covers currently uncarpeted area in the facility
    • The council had originally budgeted $45,000
    • Resurfacing will occur after June 10th and will take approximately 1 week
  • The lobby redesign will be delayed until new manager is hired

Manager’s Report (Jim Prittinen)

  • Coverage during Jim’s absence discussed
  • Will work until September 1st and have an overlap period with new manager

Other Business

  • VITPC Board Bylaws
    • Discussion of current VITPC bylaws
    • March will be the annual organizational meeting with officer nominations and voting
    • George Erickson expressed his concern with the current bylaws and how the board is following the bylaws
  • Repainting
    •  Painting steel poles between courts to match could be contracted or done by city employees
    • Potentially done during court resurfacing
  • George Erickson concerns
    • Website funding
    • Advertising costs and opportunities
  • Facility manager/club professional hire
    • Position was posted to the United States Professional Tennis Association website, posted at the club, and discussed with local candidates
    • Tom B. and Matt H. evaluated and responded to candidates
    • Discussions held with Jim P. about managing the club
    • Meeting with Dave Gunderson to discuss position
    • Decision expected to be made on the manager position by the end of March

                  

03/07/2018 Virginia Indoor Tennis and Pickleball Club (VITPC) Board Meeting Minutes

Board Member Attendees: Amy Gunderson, Cullen Warren, Tom Butorac, and Matt Hennen (recording minutes)

Other Business

  • Current employees and employee training discussed
  • Current and past membership list needed from Jim P.
  • VITPC Board Bylaws
    • Revisions
      • Treasure position was eliminated
      • Manager will be accountable for budget
      • Board size discussed
      • Membership not required to be on the board (Voted 3-1, approved)
      • City council approval of board members discussed
      • Free court time for employees and volunteers discussed
      • 2-year term limits
    • Annual organizational meeting
      • Tom Butorac unanimously voted to remain board president
      • Amy Gunderson unanimously voted to be the vice-president
      • Matt Hennen unanimously voted to be the secretary

 

04/08/2018 Virginia Indoor Tennis and Pickleball Club (VITPC) Board Meeting Minutes

Board Member Attendees: Amy Gunderson, Cullen Warren, Tom Butorac, Bob Prittinen, and Matt Hennen (recording minutes)

Budget and Finances

  • Dedicated computer is required for the club
  • Indoor court resurfacing is scheduled for July 30-August 6.
    • Need to get contracted company to visit the facility prior to project beginning
    • Discussed court speed options
  • New tennis racquet stringing machine discussed
    • Club needs better stringing options

Other Business

  • High school tennis teams’ court usage
    • Official court use policy during high school tennis matches and practice:
      • During all varsity high school tennis matches, no courts will be available for members or non-members to use until the match has been completed.
      • During Eveleth and Virginia contracted high school tennis team practices, it will be up to the coaches’ discretion to leave courts open for member and non-member usage.
      • For non-contracted high school practices, one court will be left available for member and non-member usage, but the court may be used by the high school team if not being in use.
    • Adjusting practice times was discussed
  • Monday adult drills is being moved to Sunday nights to avoid conflicts with high school boys tennis
  • Current and past membership list needed from Jim P.
    • Bob P. is following up with Jim
  • Discussion involving key fob/cards for members
  • Bob has been letting people into the club to play outside of club hours when contacted
  • Call forwarding could be setup from club phone to manager
  • Discussion of future board meetings being held on Sunday mornings at the club
  • VITPC Board Bylaws
    • Revisions being finalized
  • A special meeting with Dave Gunderson was setup to discuss the club manager’s position

    04/08/2018 Virginia Indoor Tennis and Pickleball Club (VITPC) Board Meeting Minutes

    Board Member Attendees: Amy Gunderson, Cullen Warren, Tom Butorac, Bob Prittinen, and Matt Hennen (recording minutes)

    Budget and Finances

  • Dedicated computer is required for the club
  • Indoor court resurfacing is scheduled for July 30-August 6.
    • Need to get contracted company to visit the facility prior to project beginning
    • Discussed court speed options
  • New tennis racquet stringing machine discussed
    • Club needs better stringing options
  • Other Business

  • High school tennis teams’ court usage
    • Official court use policy during high school tennis matches and practice:
      • During all varsity high school tennis matches, no courts will be available for members or non-members to use until the match has been completed.
      • During Eveleth and Virginia contracted high school tennis team practices, it will be up to the coaches’ discretion to leave courts open for member and non-member usage.
      • For non-contracted high school practices, one court will be left available for member and non-member usage, but the court may be used by the high school team if not being in use.
    • Adjusting practice times was discussed
  • Monday adult drills is being moved to Sunday nights to avoid conflicts with high school boys tennis
  • Current and past membership list needed from Jim P.
    • Bob P. is following up with Jim
  • Discussion involving key fob/cards for members
  • Bob has been letting people into the club to play outside of club hours when contacted
  • Call forwarding could be setup from club phone to manager
  • Discussion of future board meetings being held on Sunday mornings at the club
  • VITPC Board Bylaws
    • Revisions being finalized
  • A special meeting with Dave Gunderson was setup to discuss the club manager’s position

 

 

05/02/2018 Virginia Indoor Tennis and Pickleball Club (VITPC) Board Meeting Minutes

Board Member Attendees: Amy Gunderson, Cullen Warren, Tom Butorac, Bob Prittinen, Jim Prittinen, Jim Glowacki, and Matt Hennen (recording minutes)

Non-board member attendees: Dave Gunderson

Budget and Finances

  • Connecting the club to the city’s computer system
    • Allow better tracking of payments, memberships, etc.
  • Revised financial statements from the city that are more understandable to the board would be useful

Manager’s Report

  • Discussion of manager transition period during summer indoor court resurfacing (July 30th)
  • Virginia summer youth tennis program will not use the indoor facility on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but they will use on Wednesdays in the event of rain
    • Courts will be available for pickleball on Tuesdays and Thursdays
  • Scheduling issues and business hours

Other Business

  • The facility manager position has been offered to Dave Gunderson
    • Contract discussions are ongoing
      • 2.5 year contract (September 2018-December 2020)
      • Evaluating $30,000 annual salary for Dave G. with $25,000 for other employees (total $55,000).
      • Contract with Dave will be for 30 hours/week
      • Discussion of keeping private lesson money (members only), rather than the current agreement 75% to the professional and 25% to the club
      • Contract should be finalized by June 1
    • Tom B. and Dave Gunderson will meet with the Virginia City Council to establish a 2019 budget
    • Current employees will be informed of their future status
  • The College of St. Scholastica will pay for scheduled court time that went unused recently by the tennis team
  • Keyless entry discussed
  • Tennis ball purchases for the facility discussed

2015 NO MARCH MEETING

2015 JUNE- NO BOARD MEETING